Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ecumenicism

This will be a (edit: relatively) short note.Some people really bug me."Sinfully ecumenical" is just about the most ridiculous term I have ever heard.I would really like to post a bunch of links to "apologetics ministries" that are completely self-righteous and absolutely self-absorbed, the ones that gain their momentum by shoving down and walking all over brothers. I feel like the people they are attacking somehow need my defense. But I guess the whole point of it is that we shouldn't be arguing and getting at each other's throats, allowing stupid things to divide the Body of Christ, and that we should forgive one another, even if we aren't getting any forgiveness back. And all this sounds like I'm saying it just to be "better than" those guys...they're vehemently trying to destroy the humble faith of some people, and because the people being slandered don't fight back...well, they (we) deserve better. However, I guess the whole point of the note is to remind myself that I'm just like the "other guys" - I disagree, and I want to rip them to shreds, show everyone how wrong they are (and in the process, look better). Which only reminds me how big God's Grace is, and how often I need to depend on it for the things I thought I would least have to.My cat was playing piano, and now he's trying to clean my hands as I type, and my nose and face.Afterthoughts:I was just reading The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning

No comments:

Post a Comment